Ford Ranger GVM Upgrade built for everything
Whether loading up for work, or heading out on an outback adventure, Gross Vehicle Mass (GVM) should always be front of mind. Operating a vehicle outside of Ford Ranger GVM limits is not only illegal, it can be extremely dangerous.
These Ford Ranger GVM upgrades are designed to reliably outperform expectations for many years to come, and are the result of Multidrive Technology’s philosophy of conservatism and high-quality componentry, combined with the backing of first-class engineering and homologation
Enhancing Off-Road Adventures with Ford Ranger GVM Upgrades
Are you an avid adventurer seeking to push the limits of your Ford Ranger’s off-road capabilities? Look no further! A Ford Ranger GVM upgrade is your ticket to unlocking a new realm of 4×4 suspension prowess. In this article, we’ll delve into the exciting world of Ford Ranger GVM upgrades, exploring their benefits, installation process, and how they can transform your off-road experiences.
Ford Ranger Gross Vehicle Mass (GVM)
Gross vehicle mass (GVM) for the Ranger extends from 3060kg for the single cab chassis in the XL grade to 3350kg for the dual cab Wildtrak. The GVM for the Raptor is 3130kg. The payload capacity ranges from 985kg in the Wildtrak to 1327kg in the single cab chassis XL with the 2.0-litre ‘bi-turbo’ engine
Multidrive Ford Ranger GVM Upgrade
When it comes to conquering rough terrains, the Ford Ranger is already a formidable companion. However, for those who demand more from their off-road adventures, a GVM (Gross Vehicle Mass) upgrade presents an enticing opportunity. Ford Ranger GVM Upgrade is designed to bolster your Ranger’s suspension, allowing it to carry heavier loads without compromising on performance. Imagine effortlessly carrying camping gear, tools, and other essentials while maintaining that agile and thrilling ride.
Benefits of a Ford Ranger GVM Upgrade
- Enhanced Off-Road Capability: A Ford Ranger GVM upgrade equips your vehicle to handle the demands of rugged landscapes with grace. The improved suspension ensures that your 4×4 maintains optimal traction and stability, even when navigating uneven terrain.
- Load-Carrying Capacity: Whether you’re towing a trailer, hauling supplies, or loading up for an extended trip, a GVM upgrade expands your Ford Ranger’s capacity. You’ll be able to bring along everything you need for a memorable adventure without worrying about exceeding weight limits.
- Improved Safety: Safety is paramount, especially when embarking on challenging off-road journeys. The GVM upgrade enhances the Ranger’s load-carrying stability, reducing the risk of swaying or loss of control. This translates to a safer and more confident driving experience.
- Optimised Handling: With a GVM upgrade, your Ford Ranger’s suspension is tailored to accommodate heavier loads while maintaining responsive handling. You’ll enjoy a smoother ride even on bumpy trails, ensuring a comfortable and enjoyable expedition.
A Multidrive Ford Ranger GVM upgrade involves several key steps:
- Assessment and Consultation: Begin by consulting with professionals who specialise in 4×4 suspensions. They will assess your needs, the type of terrain you’ll be tackling, and the load you intend to carry. This consultation lays the foundation for a personalised GVM upgrade plan.
- Component Selection: Working closely with the experts, you’ll select the right suspension components for your Ranger. These components could include upgraded shock absorbers, heavy-duty springs, and stabiliser bars, all aimed at providing optimal performance under load.
- Precision Installation: The installation process requires skill and precision. Your Ford Ranger’s existing suspension components will be replaced or augmented with the chosen upgrades. The result is a suspension system that’s fine-tuned for both on-road comfort and off-road resilience.
- Testing and Calibration: After installation, rigorous testing ensures that the upgraded suspension performs as intended. Adjustments may be made to achieve the ideal balance between load-carrying capacity and overall ride quality.
Post-Registration: The Multidrive Advantage: Streamlined Re-Registration
Multidrive’s commitment extends to assisting you in re-registering your upgraded Ford Ranger.
Multidrive Technology offer both pre-registration fitment under Second Stage Manufacture (SSM) compliance approval, or post-registration fitment via Vehicle Assessment Signatory Scheme (VASS) Engineering Certificate. Assurance is guaranteed that such a significant modification is properly applied against every vehicle.
Enhancing your Ford Ranger Towing Capacity
Towing is a skill that demands precision, power, and poise, especially when you’re navigating challenging terrains or hauling heavy loads. Fortunately, the Ford Ranger GVM upgrade has the potential to transform your towing experience from good to exceptional.
Understanding Towing Capacity
Towing capacity refers to the maximum weight a vehicle can safely tow behind it. It’s a crucial factor to consider when you’re planning to haul trailers, caravans, boats, or other heavy loads. The standard towing capacity of your Ford Ranger is determined by its specifications, including its engine power, transmission, axle ratio, and suspension. However, a GVM upgrade can push these limits further, giving you the freedom to tow heavier loads without compromising safety or performance.
The Role of Ford Ranger GVM Upgrades in Towing Capacity
- Reinforced Suspension: One of the primary ways a GVM upgrade enhances towing capacity is by bolstering the Ranger’s suspension system. Upgraded shock absorbers, heavy-duty springs, and sturdier components provide better support for the increased load. This prevents the rear end of your Ranger from sagging when towing, maintaining a level ride and optimal traction.
- Balanced Weight Distribution: Effective weight distribution is essential for stable towing. With a GVM upgrade, your Ford Ranger’s suspension is fine-tuned to distribute the added weight evenly across all wheels. This minimises the risk of swaying, fishtailing, or loss of control, making your towing experience safer and more controlled.
- Improved Braking Performance: Towing heavier loads requires more braking power. A GVM upgrade often includes enhancements to the braking system, ensuring that your Ranger can safely bring the combined weight of the vehicle and the towed load to a stop. This added braking prowess is a crucial component of safer towing.
- Reduced Strain on Components: Without a GVM upgrade, towing heavy loads could strain your Ranger’s suspension, transmission, and engine. Upgrading the GVM ensures that these components are better equipped to handle the added stress, extending the longevity of your vehicle while minimising wear and tear.
Benefits of Enhanced Towing Capacity
- Versatility: With a Ford Ranger GVM upgrade, you’re not limited to lighter towing jobs. Whether you’re hauling a larger caravan for a family vacation or transporting heavy equipment for a DIY project, your Ranger becomes a versatile workhorse capable of taking on diverse towing tasks.
- Confidence in Challenging Terrains: Towing on rugged terrains demands stability and control. The enhanced suspension and weight distribution provided by a GVM upgrade gives you the confidence to tackle steep inclines, uneven surfaces, and unpaved roads with ease.
- Safety First: Safety is paramount when towing, especially when you’re dealing with substantial loads. A GVM upgrade ensures that your Ford Ranger maintains optimal stability, reducing the risk of accidents caused by swaying or loss of control.
- Preservation of Performance: Towing without the right support can lead to a drop in your Ranger’s overall performance. A GVM upgrade safeguards your vehicle’s engine, transmission, and suspension, allowing you to maintain the same level of power and responsiveness even when towing heavy loads.
Upgrade your GVM with Multidrive
A Ford Ranger GVM upgrade isn’t just about enhancing your off-road adventures; it’s also a game-changer for your towing capabilities. By reinforcing the suspension, balancing weight distribution, and boosting braking performance, a GVM upgrade empowers your Ranger to tow heavier loads with confidence and ease. Whether you’re embarking on an outback road trip or transporting heavy equipment, your Ford Ranger, equipped with a GVM upgrade, is poised to tow what you need.
Frequently Asked Questions About Ford Ranger GVM Upgrades
A GVM (Gross Vehicle Mass) upgrade is a modification process that allows a vehicle, such as the Ford Ranger, to legally carry more weight than its original manufacturer’s specified limit. It involves enhancing the suspension, brakes, and other components to handle the additional load capacity.
The cost of a 4×4 GVM upgrade for a Ford Ranger can vary depending on several factors, including the specific model of the Ranger, the desired increase in GVM, and the aftermarket components chosen for the upgrade. It is recommended to contact local automotive workshops or GVM upgrade specialists to obtain accurate pricing information for the Ford Ranger GVM upgrade.
No, a lift kit and a GVM upgrade are not the same. A lift kit primarily raises the vehicle’s ride height by modifying the suspension system, providing increased ground clearance. On the other hand, a Ford Ranger GVM upgrade focuses on increasing the legal carrying capacity of the vehicle while maintaining its original ride height. While it is possible to combine both modifications, they serve different purposes and should be considered separately.
The worthiness of a GVM upgrade for a Ford Ranger depends on your specific needs and usage requirements. If you frequently carry heavy loads, tow trailers, or have a need for increased payload capacity, a GVM upgrade can be highly beneficial. It ensures your Ford Ranger remains compliant with legal weight limits and enhances safety when carrying heavy loads. However, it’s important to consider the cost of the upgrade and assess whether the increased carrying capacity justifies the investment for your specific circumstances. It is advisable to consult with an experienced automotive professional who can assess your needs and provide personalized advice for the Ford Ranger GVM upgrade.